Are you ready for grade 9? Accepting applications now!
The Scott Police Academy is a program collaboratively created by Regina Public Schools and the Regina Police Service. The program is designed to attract motivated students from all parts of the school division who are interested in the field of law enforcement. Students will be part of an innovative, teacher and police officer-led high school program that educates through hands-on, experiential and project-based learning. Curricular outcomes will be infused with police based learning and experiences. A grade 9 class will commence in the 2020/2021 school year with subsequent grades to evolve in the following years until there is a grade 9 through 12 Academy.
What to Expect:
We strive to engage students in a learning pathway dedicated to mentoring responsible and respectable citizens who value public service. Students will be equipped with the skills necessary to find success in their daily lives, community and workforce.
Students in the academy will:
- learn in creative ways
- be part of the Academy family
- focus on well-being through health and physical education
- increase opportunity for future employment
- be a part of a structured environment
- develop leadership and time management skills
- become role models and mentors
- physical training
- guest speakers
- career development
- certification courses/ resume building
- team building activities
- field trips
- community service and involvement
- sense of pride and belonging
- dedicated Academy instructors (Police Officer & Teacher)
Students in grade 9 may be enrolled in the following classes, with a twist!
- Wicihitowin (Advisory)
- English Language Arts 9 (year long)
- Mathematics 9 (year long)
- Social Studies 9
- Science 9
- Wellness 9
- Health 9
- Career & Work 9
- Practical & Applied Arts 9
- Fine Arts